Topic: RACISM AS MISCONDUCT
Date: 20 March 2020
Venue: G1 Hub, Pineslopes, Fourways
Time: 7h00 to 9h00
You are invited to join other professionals to hear a short presentation on the contentious topic of racism as misconduct, followed by a facilitated discussion.
Join others to gain insights, network, and learn from a community of professionals! A light breakfast will be served- tea, coffee, and muffins.
Who should attend ? All Human Resource, Labour Relations Managers, union officials and shop stewards, and any person whose work involves the management of employees.
What will the seminar cover?
- What is racism? Understanding what we are talking about
- The workplace rule. Suggestions regarding a workplace rule
- The elements of racism as a form of misconduct. What evidence needs to be presented by the employer party and how can the allegations be defended?
- Free speech as a defence.
- The appropriate sanction
- Thoughts on a Code of Good Practice
The Presenter: The seminar will be presented by Sean Molony. BA, LLB, Post Graduate Diploma in Labour Relations, LLM, admitted Attorney of the High Court. Sean is a specialist in alternative dispute resolution and employment law, and is a Director of the Labour Law Academy (Pty) Ltd.
The Fee: R 400. The LLA is not VAT registered. Refunds will only be made if cancellation is made 3 days before the date of the seminar.
How can I register? Registration is essential as space is limited. FOLLOW THIS LINK TO REGISTER
Future seminar topics: Amendments to employment legislation; Case law updates; Tricks and treats- rules of evidence and how to use them; sexual harassment disputes – AND MORE! Go to https://labourlawacademy.co.za/subscribe/registration/ to be informed of future seminars.
Workshops are conducted by the Labour Law Academy (Pty) Ltd during the course of the year.
These workshops are of two types:
- Client specific: This is on-site training of employees on any of the courses presented by the LLA OR of any other labour law or labour relations matter. Contact Sean Molony at email@example.com for more information.
- LLA Workshops. These are workshops arranged by the LLA on topics covered on this site. This would be the traditional face to face training. The difference between the training offered by the LLA other providers is that employees would have completed the on line training first. The workshop then becomes a time when clients can practice and improve their skills in a learning environment.
The distinction between a workshop and a webinar is that a workshop is held at venue and the facilitator and the course delegates are present in person. A webinar is held via the internet meaning the facilitator is in one venue and the course delegates in another, or in many others. The intervention then takes place so that the delegates can see and talk to the facilitator.