Labour Law Academy Comment Policy
We want you to feel at home when you post a comment on the Labour Law Academy website. We want everyone to feel at home posting comments on the site. We don’t know what your home is like, but we know how we expect people to behave when they visit ours. That’s why we reserve the right to delete comments and ban users as needed to keep the comment threads here civil and substantive.
Our No. 1 rule is simple: Don’t be a jerk.
Here’s what we like to see in comments:
- Weigh in with smart, informed ideas that contribute further to the article, book, or discussion.
- Give us useful, constructive criticism. Spot a typo or an error? Let us know and we will correct it.
- Demonstrate and share the intelligence, wisdom, and humor we know you possess.
- Don’t feed abusive comments by being abusive yourself.
Although we can’t be everywhere at once, here are some of the kinds of comments we’re going to do our best to curtail:
- Promoting your own brand, product, or blog. So you’ve got a workplace issue that is bugging you. Great. But don’t try and sell yourself, or your company on this website. Rather trade in ideals, particularly positive and thought provoking.
- Impersonating authors or other commenters. We can’t believe we have to say this, but: Don’t do that. It’s weird.
- Comments that make it clear you didn’t read the article. Enraged that we didn’t mention X in a story about Y? Please read first and comment later!
- Comments that are completely out of left field. Sometimes discussions veer off a bit, but are still related to the original subject. That is fine. Hijacking the conversation to promote off-topic commentary is not.
- Threats — no matter how vague — against the author or other commenters. Things can get heated. But don’t insult, belittle anyone. Deal with the problem not the person.
- Racism, sexism, homophobia, harassment and …… you get the drift. Call us the PC Police, fine, but don’t say we didn’t warn you when you get banned or deleted.
- Trolling. If you’re a climate denier just out for a good trolling and are not contributing meaningfully to the conversation, we’ll be pushing you back under the bridge.